The Organizing Committee for the 2015 Canadian Evaluation Society (CES) Conference (C2015), which will be held in Montréal, Québec, is pleased to invite evaluation professionals, members of academia, students, and other potential presenters to submit a presentation proposal(s).
The conference will be held from May 24 to May 27; pre-conference workshops will be held on May 24 (find out more information about the call for workshop proposals this way) and presentations will occur from May 25 to May 27 inclusively. The deadline to submit presentation proposals is January 22, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Evaluation for the World We Want”. More information about the conference theme is available.
Various types of presentations will be made during the conference. See the section regarding the definitions of types of presentation for description and details on duration and format.
Please complete the Presentation Submission Form. Proposals will only be admissible if submitted through the online submission system on or before January 22, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST. You will be asked to include details pertaining to the presenters, type of presentation, length, as well as a brief summary of the activity or presentation topic. Be sure to complete all required information fields and checklists. Carefully review and edit your responses, prior to submitting your completed proposal. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed.
Overall acceptance rates vary in any given year and not all proposals will be accepted. In addition to completeness, each proposal will be assessed by an independent review committee against the following criteria:
- Relevance: the proposal should demonstrate alignment to the conference theme;
- Clarity: the proposal should clearly outline the topic that will be featured in the presentation as well as its main concepts/ideas;
- Innovation: the proposal introduces new ideas, methods, and/or approaches that promote new knowledge and have the potential to contribute to the field;
- Focus: the proposal contributes to knowledge on broader issues of evaluation methods, theories, policies and practices that have value to a wide community within CES in contrast to presenting findings of a specific evaluation;
- Presenter(s): Experience, subject matter expertise, background and geographic location of presenter(s) that contribute to the diversity of presentations;
- Learning support: Includes interactive and/or other methods to support learning where applicable.
Please note that a data projector, PC laptop, screen and flip charts will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by presenters.
Presenters selected will be notified via e-mail by the end of March, 2015 and are expected to register for the conference no later than April 9, 2015. Considering the benefits of attending the conference, presenters do not receive reduced or waived conference registration fees. Refunds will be provided for requests received in writing postmarked no later than April 23, 2015, less an administration fee of CDN$50.00. After that date, we regret no refunds will be issued; however, we will accept substitute delegates.
Any questions regarding the proposal submission process should be forwarded to conference organizers at the following address: email@example.com
Submit a presentation proposal today!
Thank you for your submission!